Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More Off-Loom Beading

My sister said I should put up a photo of one of the amulet purses I made for her. She is a huge fan of Los Lobos, particularly the lead singer, David Hidalgo. As one of those sort of "out there" ideas I decided that I would do a beading project featuring him. I used some bead chart creating software to chart the design from a photograph I found on the internet. The back of the purse has "Los Lobos" done in a font similar to their logo. For sure this is an amulet purse that no one else will have.

The glare on the beads sort of mutes the image some and it is a lot more defined than the photograph shows. This is in the category of things to try when you are retired and bored.

2 comments:

  1. I can only stand back and drool in awe of the craftsmanship and hard WORK involved in such a project!
    You have my total admiration!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift...just image the ones of Tim...oh dear, I better keep quiet or you will be swamped with some very devoted fans.
    Can you imagine??? If you ever decide to do one, and sell it, please put me down first...(seriously)

    ReplyDelete