Sunday, October 16, 2011

Another Box Project

 Since my sister is also a big fan of Tim Holtz I wanted to make something special for her for her birthday. I decided to make her a box for distress stains and fill it with new distress stains. I will admit I might have made the lid a little tiny bit too big...but I didn't let that stop me from finishing it up.

The first picture is of the front of the box telling what's in the box. The button things along the front of the lid are some old-fashioned upholstery tacks that I stained in Tim Holtz/Ranger colors. The box was made from mat board, assembled with masking tape and covered with papers and edges finished with tissue tape. I stamped, glued, distressed and whatever. Used little trinkets I've collected here and there. The next picture below is the top of box with a picture of my sister wearing a crown (I'll admit the picture was taken quite a while ago, maybe 40 years or so). The top has her initials and even a flower I crocheted in white and stained with distress stains. The next picture is the back which isn't too exciting but you might notice that around the edges of the back and sides I printed out names of the distress stains and added them as decoration. I even managed to squeeze in a peacock feather.

I will say it would not be possible to do something like this with so many different objects without the use of Claudine Hellmuth's Matte Medium. It can tame anything. Anyway, the box is now in my sister's art studio and she swears she'll be using her new box of stains really soon.