Thursday, September 16, 2010

More Vinyl on Shirts

Yes, I can't seem to stop playing with the heat transfer vinyl. The first shirt is a design I put together using a design from, I think, a Cricut cartridge. It was just supposed to be the heart with wings but I stupidly did not notice a tiny sliver of vinyl along the top of where I cut out the design and I ironed it onto the shirt. I then spent two hours trying to figure out something to cover up the vinyl because it would NOT come off no matter what I tried. I'm happy enough with it and it is only a $5 t-shirt. The underline at the top covers up the sliver quite nicely.

The second one is my first venture with airbrushing the vinyl using the Copic marker airbrush system. You have to peel the vinyl off of the sticky transfer stuff and lay it upside down and tape it firmly; airbrush the entire piece and then put the vinyl back on the transfer stuff with the color down...then you cut it with your cutter. The ink is permanent and really makes a nice effect compared to the flat vinyl colors. The second image was adapted from a Tim Holtz stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment