Friday, September 21, 2012

Finally Thinking BLOG Again!

Well, I see it has been almost a year since I posted to this blog. Does that mean I haven't done anything in all that time? No, just not sure why I haven't posted anything but a creative "escape" with my sister last week made me realize that I was not taking time to be creative and I vowed to do more things that I wanted to do and to go back to posting on my blog.

The first thing I want to share is actually something I did some months ago. It is a terrible picture as it doesn't show that it is a box shaped like a book that I made from mat board. Basically it was an open box that I attached a "book like" cover around and used black ribbon for the closure. On the front of it I put some of that really old decorative metallic stuff with holes in it. I think what I had is a leftover from the 70's. I also put some chipboard letters and some chipboard die cuts on the front...the whole thing was covered with that thin metallic tape they use for ductwork. I used a stump to burnish around the dimensional things and then dabbed the surface with black acrylic paint, using my fingers to smear the paint and a damp cloth to remove paint where I wanted less. When all was dry I coated the entire thing with mat medium. I filled the box with some goodies and gave it to my great-niece, Rhiannon, last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment