Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Learning Experience


Learning to crop digital patterns to fit odd shapes has been a new experience for me. Several weeks ago I had an octagonal sampler and this week I did this table runner. Beautiful work by Carol Lewis. The flexibility of computerized quilting is just amazing…that is if you can figure it out. I am getting the basic idea and it worked very well on this project.

I am really enjoying working with my new computerized quilting machine. The best part is being able to do my own patterns and, with software, turn them into quilting patterns for the machine. So grateful for the years I spent using Illustrator (vector drawing software) since it is easy to import those designs into the stitching software and make them into quilting designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment