Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Putting A Husband to Work

Yes, I got Jack to make me another thing to use in my crafting endeavors. I know there are new single tape dispensers for tissue tape that were just introduced at the latest Craft and Hobby Association show...but I didn't want a jumble of tape in a box. I did a few sketches of what I had in mind and after a couple of weeks of trial and error, my husband came up with the perfect tape dispenser for my tissue tape. I am going to be adding some Washi tape to it and I have ordered a second one from the woodshop. Usually my husband makes things from oak (free since he can chop down the trees and use his portable sawmill and then stack the wood to dry) but I wanted this one lighter so it was made from store bought pine. I love it! Along the back edge a hacksaw blade is attached so the teeth of it just barely poke up and it makes it easy to tear the tape off.


8 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! Will he take orders!??? Thanks for sharing! ~Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooops! I meant of course, will he take orders for the tape dispenser...not will he take orders! Laughing! ~Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous tape dispenser! Wish my husband was that handy!

    Best,
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You obviously have a lovely husband and now a lovely tape dispenser too!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and always well thought out!

    Cathy Scrivnor

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! My hubby is also very handy here as well. I will have to post the things he made for me. He made a heart shaped mini cushion, thimble & small scissor holder for all the ladies in my quilt group for Christmas a few years ago. Then he made a a Ribbon holder with a cutter (which at the time I thought 8 rolls was enough HAHAHA), the lastest thing he made me was a stand for the Dress Form I made for my Hat pins. Tell your husband he did a great job and give him a hug. TFS and God Bless.

    Diana
    http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this! I need one of these!

    ReplyDelete