Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Something to Post Finally

I saw the greatest box made by a lady named France Papillon (http://papillon-sur-la-branche.blogspot.com/) and she said she would eventually have a tutorial you could purchase...but I just couldn't wait. I grabbed some mat board and started whacking it up and it really wasn't that hard to make a box. My box, at least I think, is a bit bigger than hers,  but I certainly used her box for inspiration.  Mine was put together with tissue tape (Tim Holtz product). I ended up covering it all with various papers and put a coat of Claudine Hellmuth's Multi-Medium Matte Gel over it. I managed to scrounge up plenty of stuff to stamp on it, glue on it and just generally clutter it up big time. The hinges are new ones from Home Depot and I just sanded them and antiqued them with alcohol inks and Copic markers and did the same to some brads to attach them. I really like the way it turned out and I'm anxious to make some more containers. The front of the box is themed as "time for art" and on the top I used a bingo token with my birth year (too small for you to see clearly...ha ha) and my initials. It was fun finding things that I thought would work for the design. I have no plan for what to put in it; I'm just going to sit it where I can see it.
Front of Box

Back
End of Box

3 comments:

  1. Really like your box! It's very cool...love all the embellishments and layering you did. Thanks for sharing. I found you through ATT. You lucky dog...Tim is over in the UK right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job...and kudos to hubby too for the handy tape dispenser box!

    ReplyDelete