Sunday, January 5, 2014

April 2013

Even though I did not post last year, it was a big year in so many ways. I took way more "trips" than usual. My first trip of the year was the first week of April. My sister and I headed to Kansas City for Art and Soul, a mixed media event. We signed up for four classes. Unfortunately, only one of the four was worth the money and the others were pretty much a waste of our time AND money. One fun thing we did is enter the mask contest. All attendees were sent a paper mache mask to decorate. We didn't win but our masks turned out great. The winner was spectacular and deserved it. This is the mask that I made. I covered the mask with grungeboard pieces and went crazy from there. I was going for the "steampunk" look and was happy with it. The most challenging was making the goggles from some little plastic sauce containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment