Tuesday, January 14, 2014

May 2013

May was a BUSY month for me last year. First I flew to Denver to attend my nephew's graduation from college. Enjoyed the visit with my sister and did some serious shopping. Then only three days after I got home my friend Emily and I headed to Wichita for the Machine Quilters Expo. We met up with my friend, Diane, from Burbank and we were lucky enough to have an invitation to stay in another friend's guest house for our stay. What a great time we had taking longarm machine classes and catching up on old times. The friend in Wichita, Donna Waterson, introduced us to her passion...Dress A Girl Around the World. We saw all the work she and her friends are doing and we brought home the idea and since then some of my Dark Quilt friendship group have made dresses for an orphanage in Haiti. Here's a photo of my first dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment