Saturday, July 17, 2010

Stickles All In Place


Wanted to share the great Stickles storage thing my husband made for me. It was originally only three steps high but there was a problem with it and it had to be remade. By then I figured out I could put my Perfect Pearls in it too and knew there were new colors of Distress Stickles coming out...so the plan was revised to make it five steps high. Now my Stickles are stored upside-down the way they should be and are not jumbled in a drawer where it was hard to find the color you were looking for. This was made from White Oak wood that Jack got by chopping down the tree, milling with his portable sawmill and then drying the wood, planing it and cutting it up. Once in a while it is very handy to live in the middle of nowhere in the woods.

9 comments:

  1. That is sooo cool! That hubby is a keeper for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really great storage idea. How wonderful that your hubby thought it up and made it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! How great that your husband made this for you. If he wants to take orders sign me up for one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and just in time for all the new stickles. I wish I had a place for something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea that you had and that Jack executed for you. You are so wonderfully creative with great ideas, not only for organization but also for cards and quilts that I've seen (not necessarily yet seen on your blog).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful storage unit! Has he done anything for your glitter, ink pads, etc? I love to see great work like that!
    Hugs,
    Pat Smith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Margaret,

    you do have a very, very handy husband !! It looks perfect !
    greetings from belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  8. How neat! Do you happen to have the plans for that that you would share? Thanks Toni

    ReplyDelete