Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baby Quilt Finally Done and Ready to Mail

I started this baby quilt before my friend Diane's daughter got married. I knew I wouldn't put this much work into a baby quilt for anyone but her and her baby. Amazingly she has been married a little over a year and is due to have a baby in the next week or so. I worked on the quilt for several months and then it took a long time to get it quilted but it's ready to mail. The applique is all held in place with hand applique blanket stitching. Much brighter than my usual quilt projects but I really liked it.

Now I just have to find a box, some paper, and think of some creative way to wrap it up.

5 comments:

  1. The picture does not do the quilt justice. It is an absolutely fabulous, adorable piece of art and will, I'm sure, be hung with pride in a place of honor. My "baby" is 21 years old and I would proudly and prominently display it. What a lucky little baby-to-be and parents to receive a Margaret Wilburn masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is fabulous. Melissa and Jay will love it. She will take very special care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this quilt is amazing and will be treasured forever. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a special gift, it is just gorgeous. I'm sure she will treasure the gift forever, I know I would. Great job!

    ReplyDelete