Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Felt Frenzy

Was thinking the other day that I would need a jacket for the upcoming cruise and thought about making one. I pulled out all my quilted jacket patterns but nothing really seemed like something I wanted to make. Then I remembered the absolutely plain black quilted jacket I made when I went to Europe with my friends about six years ago. I found it buried in a closet and decided to spruce it up with felt flowers all around the bottom edge. All of the flowers were cut with Sizzix dies and the leaves and stems were cut by hand. I pinned everything in place and then had a marathon three days of doing blanket stitch and then selecting buttons from my huge stash to put in the centers. I'm now thinking I wish it looked a little more "grungy" or something...but it's done and that counts for something. This photo is of the bottom front but the flowers go all the way around the back too. I also added a small flower on one side of the collar. Felt flowers seem to be a hot new embellishment for cards and scrapbook pages. The Sizzix dies cut it beautifully and I think I'll be making more flowers to put on cards.

4 comments:

  1. The felt flowers are just too wonderful - - no, not grungy at all, sorry. Hope that you "show and tell" the jacket at card class and can't wait to see the felt flowers showing up in card class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jacket, no need to grunge. Make yourself a grunge pin to go with it.

    ReplyDelete